My question to all of us is how is our friendship with God? Are we identified or simply interested…
I have been following the blogs of Mindy Sauer, sharing how she is dealing with the brain cancer in her 4 yr old son;
of Jill Kelly - battling again with Jim's cancer;
and Cady, (23) who just lost her husband to cancer.
The list, it seems, goes on forever as social media brings them to the forefront of our lives. I have watched all these ladies live through these circumstances with Jesus as their best friend….
I wonder, how would I be doing in these circumstances. If this was my story, how would it read?
In my devotional "My Utmost For His Highest," the following sentences gripped me….
- "Think of the last thing you prayed about -- were you devoted to your desire or to God?"
- "Is my friendship with God so intimately in touch with Him that I never even need to ask Him to show me His will?
me the holiness of Jesus Christ."
4. "My individuality remains, but my primary motivation for living and the nature that rules me are
5. " I live by faith in the Son of God" (Paul)…..This faith was not Paul's own faith in Jesus Christ, but
the faith the Son of God had given to him."
6. "It is no longer a faith in faith, but a faith that transcends all imaginable limits -
a faith that only comes from the Son of God."
That is how they are getting through all of this "STUFF." they have a faith that comes not from themselves - but from the Son of God living in them - their best friend living in them.
I believe that is the difference. They are identified not simply interested.
Have I fallen into the simply interested category? Is my friendship with Jesus a BFF friendship that is identified with Him?
My heart is heavy for these women. I thank them for teaching me while they walk their journey with Christ as their strength. As the snow gently falls again today, I am reminded of how each snowflake is different as we are all different . God will flow through each of us in our circumstances if we will just……get close enough to Him - be His BFF - IDENTIFY with HIM. It just takes more than being simply interested!